Sunday, September 09, 2007

 

Wednesday 8th August

We went to Wuppertal today to see the only suspension railway in the world. It’s basically like a tram but the rail is on the top rather than the bottom with the carriages hanging down. The track is directly over the river and meanders along with it. Jon became very excited and there were quite a few shouts of “Look at that!” in my ear as I was concentrating on driving, I thought a quick slap was necessary but managed to restrain myself. We parked the car one stop away from the main Wuppertal train station and jumped aboard, after buying a ticket obviously! I didn’t expect the train itself to wobble about so much; Jon running to the front to take a video probably increased the wobbling. We jumped off at the Zoo stop and did the zoo thing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?