Friday, July 27, 2007

 

Sunday 1st July
We decide to take the boys on the fairy tale walk near Trebesing. First we stop off for lunch in the town of Trebesing and marvel at the giant inflatable pink beach balls dotted around the town. We also pop into the Porsche museum, which is supposed to be the largest private collection in Europe; free of course with our Karnten card.

Monday 2nd July
A day to be remembered. Jon takes all 3 boys out and gives me a day of peace. Hurrah, ok so I spend the first 3 hours cleaning, tidying and washing but I can do it at my own pace without interruptions. The other hour I spend writing this and hopefully I will get an hour to read my book or do some other relaxing activity, alas it is raining so I expect they will be back soon.

I was right 4 minutes later they all turn up noisy and demanding, after having a pleasant day at a weird animal park where most things were stuffed and a doll museum (free of course!).

We spend the next week or so visiting a few more attractions. I take the boys to the Reptile zoo where I am rushed around the room with cries of “Mummy look at this” and “Come on I’ve seen something amazing”. After 10 minutes of being pulled in three different directions and much shouting resulting in drowning out everybody else, I call things to order and go round the exhibits in sequence. After this we visit Minimundus, a park of famous buildings in miniature, to my surprise the boys did recognise the acropolis and the leaning tower of Pisa. They had a good space shuttle model and we were lucky to be next to it when it ‘blasted off’. However, the kids were mostly bored of the park so we didn’t spend too long there. There was a film show about the planets but this was 50 minutes long so I didn’t even contemplate it.

We had two more walks on Gelitzen, we did attempt to visit one of the other peaks but as it had only a single chair lift, this would mean Max would have to go up by himself so we decided against it. The walks were pleasant and we made sure we always walked down hill to reduce the amount of moaning. We also struck a deal of ice cream at the bottom if they didn’t whinge or moan and this worked really well. Bribery; a parent’s best tool.

We had a couple of days lounging about the caravan where Jon put together a video of our trip so far and the boys and I did a project on all the animals that eat fish, inspired by the BBC’s Blue Planet series. The boys make friends with some Dutch boys and although they don’t share a common language manage to enjoy each other’s company. All 4 of Max’s front teeth fall out and the tooth fairy is now skint.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?