Monday, February 26, 2007

 

29th January
Jon has continued with his OU study and occasionally needs some time out to study and today was one of those times. So in the afternoon I took the kids for another walk along the lake and agreed to them taking one toy each, this was to be my downfall. First Cadan absent- minded, dropped his baby Pom (Fimbles) in the lake. Luckily for Cadan he had dropped it right next to a slab of concrete and I was able to jump onto it but even though it was out of reach, Cadan really does have his Dad’s luck, there happened to be a 2 metre long reed wedged in amongst the rocks that I was able to extract and use to return Pom to the loving care of my middle son.

Later, on the return journey we were all standing on some rocks gazing at the water when I decided it was time to return home, went to carry Jory of the rocks and so doing knocked Mr Incredible into the lake. One could think this was an accident, an alternative suggestion was that Mr Incredible had leaped from Jory’s hand in a bid for escape, fed up with being bashed against walls, thrown on rocks and scraped on stones. I stepped on the rock below and attempted to grab him but ended up in the water up to my knees. As I scrambled back onto dry land and turned to see the position of Mr Incredible, he was floating serenely on his back with his arms raised in the air in a fond farewell. He was too far in the water to be retrievable and I am sure he had a triumphant smile on his face. Once the truth was apparent that we would not see Mr Incredible again Cadan and Jory tried to console themselves with a tearful hug. Max then ended up dropping his thunderbird in the lake. Really this was too much! Luckily for Max his thunderbird sank and was easily retrieved by a long stick that could bring him up to the shore. Ok, so next time I go walking by the lake they will not be taking toys with them!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?